Please join the Lower Merion School District's Interschool Council (ISC) for our Spring Speaker and Workshop Event – "Equity: A Community Call to Action - Valuing Our Differences to Build a Stronger Community" – on Wednesday, April 24 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. at Lower Merion High School (rooms 128 & 129).
This program – facilitated by Dr. Tara Doaty, author, national speaker and trainer, adjunct professor, and Founder & CEO of Sage Wellness Group - is an interactive evening that will allow participants to take a reflective look at equity (racial, gender, ability level, sexual preferences) from a community-building perspective and identify ways to ensure that Lower Merion provides a culture of inclusion for all students and families.
Other upcoming events related to equity and community-building hosted by the ISC and other LMSD groups that can serve as a primer and foundation for the event above are as follows. Please feel free to attend as many of these events as you can!
- ISC Hot Topic - Let's Learn Together: LMSD's Efforts to Support & Affirm Sexual & Gender Minority Students - Action Steps, Updates, Resources and Q&A - Tuesday, March 12 from 9:30-11:00 a.m. in the Academy Building (adjacent to BCMS). Presented by Dr. Jeanne Stanley, Executive Director of Watershed Consulting, a national trainer and consultant for LMSD for nine years.
- All-LMSD Book Discussion: "All American Boys" by Jason Reynolds & Brendan Kiely - Tuesday, March 19 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in DAO Board Room. Open to all parents, high school students, and LMSD staff. The books is about two teenage classmates - one black, one white - who work to make sense of a violent act that leaves their school, their community and, ultimately, their country, bitterly divided by racial tension. Facilitated by Dr. Leslie Pratt, LMSD Supervisor of Secondary Literacy, Social Studies & Librarians.
- Committee to Address Race in Education (CARE) Meeting - Wednesday, March 27 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the LMHS library. Join this important conversation with LMSD administrators, teachers, students, parents/guardians and more. Facilitated by Dr. Tara Doaty and Mr. Victorious Hall.
- ISC Hot Topic: Cultural Proficiency and the Achievement Imperative Task Force - Tuesday, April 9 from 9:30-11:00 a.m. in the Academy Building. Presented by Dr. Scott Eveslage, Assistant Superintendent.
- Committee to Address Race in Education (CARE) Meeting - Wednesday, April 24 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the LMHS library. Join this important conversation with LMSD administrators, teachers, students, parents/guardians and more. Facilitated by Dr. Tara Doaty and Mr. Victorious Hall.