Lower Merion School District will be hosting the inaugural LMSD Girls+ STEM Night!
- Did you know that women make up only 28% of the workforce in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), and men vastly outnumber women majoring in most STEM fields in college?
- The gender gaps are particularly high in some of the fastest-growing and highest-paid jobs of the future, like computer science and engineering.
- One of the key factors is girls have fewer models to inspire their interest in these fields. This night is to celebrate and highlight those role models!
LMSD Girls+ STEM Night is designed to expose younger girls and gender diverse students to various STEM-related careers and fields in hopes that it will spark an interest to pursue science, technology, engineering and math inside and outside of the classroom! While this event is designed to inspire young girls, all are welcome!
This event is for students in grades 4-6 and open to LMSD families only! An adult is required to be present with student(s) and encouraged to participate in the events with their children.
- Date: Monday, March 27, 2023
- Time: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Lower Merion High School Cafeteria & Gymnasium (located at 315 E. Montgomery Avenue in Ardmore)
Space is limited!