Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to Penn Wynne School! We are located in Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, on 9.25 acres in the western suburbs of historic Philadelphia. Our school community includes approximately 750 students and more than 80 professional and support staff.
The Penn Wynne School opened its doors in 1932. In 1951, the first addition to the building was completed. On October 20, 2002, the completion of a second and more expansive "Additions and Alterations" project celebrated the modernization and rededication of the Penn Wynne School.
Innovations in literacy, mathematics, social studies, and science instruction afford our students research-based best practices for learning. Technology skills are infused in daily instruction and supported by grade level sets of laptops, Ipads in Kindergarten and Grade One, and wireless capacity throughout the building. Teachers strive to continuously utilize technology to support curriculum delivery across disciplines. Music, art, library, physical education, and guidance programs offer children many varied opportunities for personal growth. Students in grades one through five receive instruction in Spanish.
Special learning needs are addressed through a range of services and programs.
In addition to promoting the academic growth and development of our students, Penn Wynne also affords students opportunities to grow and develop as contributing members of the school community through a variety of activities and programs. Penn Wynne has a long standing history of community service with a special connection to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
An active Home and School Association supports many educational and social events, including an annual Book Fair, author visits, an annual Pancake Breakfast, educational trips and a PW Fun Fair.
We look forward to your joining our school community.