The USDA's universal free meal program, which was put in place at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, will not be available for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. To receive free or reduced-price meals during the upcoming school year, qualified families will need to go through the application process, which is NOW OPEN. To ensure that qualified students can receive their meals at the start of the year, I urge you begin the process now. The steps and important links are provided below, and on the Nutritional Services page of the District website.
See if your family qualifies for the program:
- Visit www.schoolcafe.com to see if you qualify. Only one application needs to be submitted per household, even if your children attend more than one school in LMSD.
- The application must be filled out completely to certify your children for free or reduced-price school meals.
- Please follow the step-by-step instructions online.
If your family qualifies:
- In addition to the application, a Sharing of Information Waiver must be signed to share your status of Free or Reduced with other departments in the District that may waive certain fees for your participation in the lunch program.
- Click here to print out the waiver
- Indicate yes or no for sharing
- Sign and return to:
Lower Merion Nutritional Services
301 E. Montgomery Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003
Notice of Direct Certification
- If you have received a Notice of Direct Certification for free meals, do not complete the application.
- But do let the school know if any children in your household are not listed on the Notice of Direct Certification letter you received.
For additional information on qualifying and applying, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available here. If you are unable to apply online or do not have access to a computer, please contact Nutritional Services at 610-645-1990 or email email@example.com for assistance with applying for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
We look forward to welcoming our students in September and to offering them delicious and nutritious meals. Enjoy the rest of the summer!