Highlights & Achievements
- Niche ranked LMSD as the #1 school district in Montgomery County, with the District and Penn Wynne each earning "A+" grades overall.
- Penn Wynne is a recipient of United States Department of Education (USDE) Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, which is based on overall academic excellence.
- The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has recognized Penn Wynne as an official No Place for Hate school - an initiative that enables schools and organizations to reduce bias and bullying, increase appreciation for diversity and build communities of respect.
- The NAMM Foundation has recognized Penn Wynne and LMSD for exceptional efforts to maintain music education as part of the core curriculum and for the extensive breadth and high quality of the musical program. This marks the 11th consecutive year the District has earned this distinction.
- Penn Wynne is the home of Alex's "Original" Lemonade Stand - a non-profit raising funds and awareness for pediatric cancer - and each year hosts ongoing school-wide events and programs honoring the memory of Alex Scott.
- Penn Wynne hosts annual school-wide autism acceptance programs as part of their extensive efforts to foster a safe and welcoming learning environment.
- Penn Wynne is a perennial top-performing school in the annual "Reading for Ronald" initiative, which benefits the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
- Penn Wynne is home of the District's FIRST Lego League initiative helping to foster a passion for science, technology, engineering and math in elementary age students.