Google Classroom for K-5 Families
NOTE: Google Classroom is a student product and should only be accessed by students. See information below regarding Guardian Summary Emails.
Google Classroom Login for Students: https://classroom.google.com/
Note: Students must use their LMSD student account to access Google Classroom.
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (ex. email@example.com)
Password: network password
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING GOOGLE CLASSROOM:
- How to join a Google Classroom on a Student Chromebook (video)
- How to join a Google Classroom on a Student iPad (video)
- How to sign into Google Classroom on Chromebook or iPad (written)
- Google Classroom Basics: Student View (video)
- Google Classroom Basics: Student View (written)
- Google Classroom: How Students Complete Assignments (video)
- Google Classroom: How Students Complete Assignments (written)
- What is a Google Classroom Guardian Summary Email? How can I get them?
- As a guardian, you can get email summaries about your student’s activity in Classroom. Contact your child's teacher to sign up for them.
- In email summaries, you can review:
Missing work—Work not turned in when the summary was sent.
Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails).
Class activities—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers.
- Click HERE to learn more about Guardian Summary Emails for Google Classroom.
- Email summaries do not include grades.
- If there’s no activity to report or if a teacher turns off email notifications, you might not get an email summary