During the week of January 23, 2023, Penn Valley Elementary School received reports that some students and staff had tested positive for COVID-19. Although COVID-19 cases no longer need to be reported to the Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) as they were in previous years, LMSD still confers with them when we see increases or trends. They recommended that we share the following reminders with our school community, especially as we continue to be in the midst of the cold, flu and respiratory virus season.
- Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of illness should stay home and consult their healthcare provider.
- Anyone who is experiencing symptoms that could indicate COVID-19 should stay home and test. Click here for information from the CDC about COVID symptoms.
- Anyone with COVID-19 should isolate for Days 1-5.
- If symptoms subside, they can return to school with a mask for Days 6-10.
- If they cannot mask, they must continue to isolate for Days 6-10.
- We continue to support students and staff who wish to wear masks as a preventive measure.
- Frequent and thorough hand-washing is recommended.
- All eligible members of the LMSD community are encouraged to get vaccinated against influenza and COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation in taking these important steps to help keep our school community healthy.