Highlights & Achievements
- Niche ranked LMSD as the #1 school district in Montgomery County, with the District and Merion each earning "A+" grades overall.
- Merion is a two-time recipient of the U.S. Department of Education's prestigious Blue Ribbon Award based on overall academic excellence affirming the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging content.
- The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has recognized Merion as an official No Place for Hate school - an initiative that enables schools and organizations to reduce bias and bullying, increase appreciation for diversity and build communities of respect.
- Merion is home to a robust instrumental and choral music program, which has helped LMSD to be recognized as one of NAMM's Best Communities for Education for the last eleven years.
- Merion is among the few public elementary schools in Pennsylvania to receive a distinguished GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10.
- Merion's innovative "School Family" program creates warm, supportive environment and strengthens academic success.
- More than two tons of food supplies are collected annually for Philabundance; one of the largest and most successful food drives in the area.
- Over the past three years, Anne Friedlander's fifth grade class has claimed two first-place finishes, along with a second-place finish, in the Citizenship Challenge Essay Contest sponsored by the Rendell Center for Civics and Citizenship.
- Merion is an active participant in the "Go for the Greens" initiative promoting healthy decision-making and good nutrition.