Boys Basketball - Junior Varsity
1. Tryouts will begin on Friday, November 17. Lists will be posted in the locker room area instructing what team players should be trying out. Details about gym locations and times are still being worked out and will be posted as well.
2. Every player who wishes to tryout must have their PIAA Physical Form for 2017 completed. This form must be submitted to the Athletic Director’s Office by Tuesday November 14. Failure to do so will result in a player being withheld from tryouts. Questions on the physical form and what is needed to be completed for your son can be forwarded to Ms. Malinda Dobbins, our Athletic Trainer at DobbinM@lmsd.org.
3. Players are to wear to the tryouts for their respective teams a reversible jersey and a gray t-shit under the reversible.
4. There will be a mandatory Student-Athlete Meeting on Thursday, November 9 in the Gymnasium during Advisory. Mr. Walsh (Athletic Director) and Ms. Dobbins (Athletic Trainer) will review information the students are required to hear from the district as well as other pertinent information to being a student-athlete at Lower Merion.
5. Ms. Dobbins will be holding ImPACT testing (concussion baselines) for all players the week of November 14. These will be done after school. Specific details to follow.
6. There will be a meeting for parents of winter athletes on Wednesday November 29 at 6:30pm in the Auditorium. After this main session each team will hold a breakout session regarding its particular sport. More details regarding where and when those breakout sessions are will follow.