LMSD Rapid Testing Information for K-12 Students
LMSD is expanding the ACE-IT Binax rapid antigen testing program. Parents/guardians who would like their children tested (*under the circumstances listed below) need to complete two steps:
1) consent for testing on PowerSchool
2) create a QR code for each child. You must complete both steps.
Step 1: Provide Consent:
Parents/guardians consent to the Rapid Antigen testing through PowerSchool. The process is explained below:
- Log onto the PowerSchool Parent Portal and indicate whether you give your consent for your child to be tested at school. You must use your parent/guardian login information (not the child's).
- Directions for electronically signing the consent or opting out or rapid antigen testing through PowerSchool eCollect can be found on the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- If you have forgotten your parent/guardian password and/or you cannot log into your account, please contact the main office at your child's school.
Step 2: Pre-register and Create a QR CODE
- Pre-register and create a QR Code by going to the BiNax link at https://register.pennrapidtest.org/ to obtain a QR code for testing
- Enter your child's information on the first pages.
- Each child needs their own QR Code. If your child participated in athletics or extracurriculars testing last year, their QR code from last year will still work. If you can't find it, you will need to create a new one.
- Enter the parent/guardian's email address and phone number. That's who will get the test result.
- After the QR code is created, email it to your child's school nurse at the appropriate address below:
Belmont Hills Elementary School: Breenp@lmsd.org
Cynwyd Elementary School: Marcolr@lmsd.org
Gladwyne Elementary School: Aubuchm@lmsd.org
Merion Elementary School: VolertK@lmsd.org
Penn Valley Elementary School: RussomE@lmsd.org
Penn Wynne Elementary School: DeVouey@lmsd.org
Bala Cynwyd Middle School: OConnec@lmsd.org or
Welsh Valley Middle School: BromleK@lmsd.org
Harriton High School 9-10: FarberL@lmsd.org
Harriton High School 11-12: MorrisD@lmsd.org
Lower Merion High School 9-10: Berryp@lmsd.org
Lower Merion High School 11-12: RyanR@lmsd.org
*Rapid Testing may be done in the following circumstances, with your consent and the QR code:
- Illness develops at school: We will call you if your child becomes or feels ill during the school day and test them in the health suite. REMINDER: Students may not come to school if they are symptomatic in accordance with the daily screener.
- Testing out of quarantine: Unvaccinated students who are quarantined as a result of an in-school exposure may return after 7 days of quarantine instead of 10 if they are tested on day 5-7 after exposure. Testing for "out of quarantine" is done outside of LMHS cafeteria daily between 3:00-5:00 p.m. and is not done during the school day.
- Testing for vaccinated close contacts: Students who are identified as in-school close contacts of a positive student may be tested on days 3-5 after exposure in accordance with recommendations of the MCOPH. This will be done in the health suite during the school day.
- Extracurricular Activity Testing: Students in identified secondary higher-risk athletic and other extracurricular activities weekly (ex. football, water polo, wrestling, basketball, drama, etc.). This testing is required for unvaccinated AND vaccinated students.
Covid-19 PCR tests are the gold standard for testing. LMSD cannot offer PCR tests, but you can schedule through many healthcare providers, including CHOP and the Montgomery County Office of Public Health. Rapid Antigen Tests, while not as accurate as PCR tests, offer a practical alternative when a PCR test cannot be easily scheduled by parents/guardians.