A new, six-part, back-to-school series for parents and caregivers powered by Transform for Tomorrow and Remake Learning Days Across America!
You and your family are in the middle of what is already an unprecedented start to the school year, not to mention all we experienced last spring. You're processing lessons already learned, adjusting to new ways of preparing your kids and often figuring it out for yourselves. A lot of us are asking...So Now What? The So Now What? virtual series brings the country's leading experts in education and childhood development, including PBS Kids, Common Sense Media, Learning Heroes and UPMC Children's Hospital, together with parents and caregivers to share and learn from one another. We will cover a range of topics specific to this moment in time, including social emotional wellness, mental health, learning resources, communication, tech safety and much more. Together we will navigate the start to this new, uncharted school year, and make plans for what comes next, no matter what tomorrow brings.
Sessions are held via Zoom every Wednesday evening in September. All sessions are free and open to all. To register, click here.
Dates & Times of Sessions
- WED, SEPTEMBER 2, 7:00-7:30PM EST: COVID-19 and Kids Health: An evidence-based practical guide & FAQ
- WED, SEPTEMBER 9, 7:00-7:30PM EST: Supporting young children's social and emotional wellness as we return to school
- WED, SEPTEMBER 9, 8:00-8:30PM EST (SPECIAL TIME!) Tweens, teens & mental health
- WED, SEPTEMBER 16, 7:00-7:30PM EST: Ready to Partner: 5 Steps for a different kind of school year for families and schools
- WED, SEPTEMBER 23, 7:00-7:30PM EST: How to be safe online and balance tech usage in a world of virtual learning
- WED, SEPTEMBER 30, 7:00-7:30PM EST: Learning resources for families