NEWS FROM HUGHES
After school Enrichment
Tuesday - English and Thursday - Math
Enrichment takes place in the Library from 2:45-4:15PM
- Senior group picture: is scheduled during advisory on February 19, 2019 during Advisory
- Senior Project: Your first senior project meeting with you senior project advisor is the cycle beginning Monday, 2/11. Please see Powerschool for meeting time and location. If you have any questions please see your senior project advisor or Mr. Lynn.
- Cap & Gown: Ready, set here we go...to order your cap & gown. Mandatory assembly on March 7th during Advisory.
- Congratulations to Debate Club! Will De Santis and Alex Levinson won the Public Forum Division and therefore have the opportunity to represent the district at the state championship next month. Emily Shang, Elliot Ginzburg and Max Serota came 3rd in the Parliamentary Division and are the district's first alternative for the state tournament. The following seniors were competing in their final tournament and each came within one win of making states. They have been dedicated to debate for 4 years and deserve recognition: Molly Cutler (Lincoln-Douglas Debate), Sofia Lake, Lily Kemler, Zoe Kaplan (Parliamentary), David Sommer and Niko Mihailidis (Public Forum). Also congratulations to the following for excellent performances yesterday: Sophie Yang (Lincoln Douglas), Oliver Stern and Maya Christianson (Public Forum).
- The LM Kindness Project is a new club dedicated to aiding the community monthly. The first official project is creating Sunshine bags for infants hospitalized at Bryn Mawr. We ask that everyone brings in various supplies such as Teething rings, rattles, socks, pacifiers, lotions, sanitizers and chapsticks. These items will be compiled into bags to help families to focus more on their child then necessities. Please bring these items to room 120 by March 12th. For more details, check out the flyers around the school.
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
- Girls Swimming* @ CAL Championships @ Radnor, 3:30pm (Dismissal 1:00pm)(Bus 1:15pm)
- Boys Swimming @ CAL Championships @ Radnor, 7:30pm (Bus 5:15pm)
- Girls Indoor @ Lehigh University, 6:30pm (Bus 3:30pm)
- Jazz Band @ Cheltenham HS, (Bus 6:00pm)
- Boys Indoor @ Lehigh University, 9:00am (Bus 7:15am)
- Wrestling vs Upper Merion, 11:00am
- Girls Swimming @ CAL Championships @ Radnor, 12:00pm (Bus 9:45am)
- Boys Swimming @ CAL Championships @ Radnor, 4:30pm (Bus 2:15pm)
- BuildOn Trip (Reed)(Bus 9:00am)
- Congratulations to sophomore diver Hannah Shalaby who won the Central League Silver Championships held at Ridley High Thursday night. Hannah's score was 152.65. This was Hannah's first year on the diving team. We hope for many future successes for Hannah and all of our lady divers. Way To Go Hannah!!!
- Intramural basketball starts on Monday, Feb. 11th in the Downs gym. Check the schedule that has been posted outside of room 336. Please have your team ready to play. T-shirts will be in the week on 2/18. Any issues, see Mr. Dawson in room 336.
- The next SAGE meeting is this Wednesday, February 20, first lunch in room 313. This meeting is about Women's Empowerment and will include a fun activity and presentation designed to show you how to use your voice and be an activist in today's world!