NEWS FROM HUGHES
After school Enrichment
Tuesday - English and Thursday - Math
Enrichment takes place in the Library from 2:45-4:15PM
- Get a Chance for LM Gear! How to Win:
1) When attending a game as a fan, get a raffle ticket from the athletic department staff.
2) Write your name on your ticket.
3) Return the ticket in the cafeteria or athletic office.
- Hey LM - sibling photos for the 2020 yearbook will be during L&L this Thursday and Friday at the beginning of both lunches in the upper atrium. If you have a sibling or two at LM, plan to be there, and bonus points for matching outfits!
- Looking for a morning pick me up? A coffee or a light snack? Come down to the Coffee Corner in the concession booth between the hours of 7:45 and 9:30 to grab a drink and a bite to eat.
- There will be the second of the year Student Council meeting during Lunch and Learn B beginning at 11:10 am in the LGI. Mr. Hughes will be the guest speaker. PLEASE plan on attending and come prepared with any questions you might have.
- Musser Blood Center Trip (Hoopes)(Bus 7:15am)
- Kimmel Center Trip (Villante)(Bus 9:15am)
- Girls Soccer vs Agnes Irwin, V 3:45pm (turf)
- Boys Soccer @ Friends Central, V 4:00pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Wynnewood Shopping Center Trip (Snyder)(Bus 9:45am)
- Boys 9th Soccer @ Upper Merion, 3:45pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Cheer @ Upper Darby, 7:00pm (Bus 5:00pm)
- Football @ Upper Darby, 7:00pm (Bus 4:30pm)
- DAWGMA @ Salem Community College (Bus 7:00am)
- Girls Soccer @ Mount St. Joseph, V 11:00am/JV 12:30pm (Bus 9:00am)
Sign up ahead of time for the college visit in the Counseling Office. Please complete a college Rep Visit form to give to your teacher when missing their class and bring the signed slip to the meetingas they will be collected. Most meetings will take place in Mrs. Bowlby's Office in the Counseling Department. If we are unable to meet in Mrs. Bowlby's Office the Counseling Office will let you know the location.
|Marist College||Thu October 17, 2019||7:30 AM|
|St. John Fisher College||Thu October 17, 2019||8:30 AM|
|Bentley University||Thu October 17, 2019||9:30 AM|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Thu October 17, 2019||11:30 AM|
|Haverford College||Thu October 17, 2019||12:30 PM|
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
- Attention winter sports athletes. If you are unable to start preseason weight training, please meet Coach O'hara at the weight room any day this week or next to get the schedule for winter athletes.
- Lower Merion High School Crew is going to Boston this weekend! 4 boats, 33 athletes will represent Lower Merion Crew at the Head of the Charles Regatta; the world's largest two-day rowing event with over 11,000 athletes from around the world competing. Wish them luck!
- Freshman Sydney Yermish shot even par and came in 2nd place at the PIAA Regionals at Golden Oaks Country Club. She qualified for the state tournament which will played next Monday and Tuesday at Heritage Hills Country Club in York, PA.
- Congratulations to the Boys Varsity soccer team and JV soccer team for their wins yesterday vs Haverford High School. Goal scorers for varsity were Phil Monos (2 goals), Shane Brown (2 goals), Reid Joseph, Lincoln Blouin, Sam Nyenka, and Thanos Danilidis. The soccer team finished with an undefeated regular season central league championship. The Aces are currently sitting with a record of 16 wins and 1 tie. Next up for the Aces are the Friends Central Phoenix this Thursday and the following Thursday they will play their district 1 playoff home opener. See you all at a game.
- Do you plan on binging Netflix over Thanksgiving break? Do you plan on binging anything anytime soon? Are you hungry? Will you be hungry in the next month? Well boy, do we have the thing for you! Your very own Lower Merion Science Olympiad team will be selling gourmet popcorn from October 14th to 25th. From chocolate delight to cheesy cheddar to the classic kettle corn or buttery caramel, we have ALL the mouth-watering flavors! If you're interested, ask one of the many Science Olympiad members wandering around the school or stop by room 221 during lunch or after school. Support the Science Olympiad team on their journey back to Nationals. You know you want the popcorn. It's an offer too good to pass up.
- SAGE will be having a meeting on Thursday, October 17, during lunch 1 in room 313 (Ms. Stiebitz's room). We will be learning and talking more about climate change! We can't wait to see you to there!