NEWS FROM HUGHES
- Want a picture of Mr. Grace, legendary LM teacher, in a full Santa Clause suit? Want a picture of Mr. Datsko, world famous band conductor, dressed as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? Want to do all this and support Winterfest?! Well, now's your chance. Come to the blackbox theatre Wednesday during both halves of Lunch and Learn. For just 2 or 3 dollars you can get a picture with Mr. Grace dressed as Santa Clause and Mr. Datsko as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. All proceeds will benefit Winterfest. So come on down Wednesday to support a great cause with hilarious pictures.
- Winterfest 2018! Please remember to bring in your canned goods and monetary donations to help support this worthwhile cause. This year's food collection will be donated to the Saint's Memorial Baptist Church Food Pantry in Bryn Mawr. Monetary donations will support the CHOP Oncology Department. Since this is the 5th year for Winterfest 2.0, we're bringing back the famous Winterfest t-shirts!! Don't show up to the party on December 21st without your WinterFest shirt! Please check your school email for the order form. Cost of the shirt is 10 dollars. Cash or Checks (made out to LMHS) should be given to Mr. Feeney or Mr. Kline.
- Anyone who did not buy a Dawg Pound shirt early last month can order one this week in the cafeteria during lunch. Sale will take place through Wednesday of this week.
- Do you need a cheap, cool, and useful holiday gift for your friends, family, or a loved ones? If so, visit room 335 or the school store, to purchase a Custom Lower Merion PopSocket!! Come get yours today for the cheap price of 10 dollars before they sell out!!
- Attention all sophomores interested in the International Baccalaureate Program: Applications are now available in the 10th grade office or can be downloaded from the IB page on www.lmsd.org. Please feel free to email Mr. O'Brien, our IB Coordinator, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
After school Enrichment
Tuesday - English and Thursday - Math
Enrichment takes place in the Library from 2:45-4:15PM
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
- Boys 9th Grade Basketball vs Interboro, 3:45pm (Downs)
- Boys/Girls JV Squash @ Episcopal, 3:45pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Girls 9th Grade Basketball vs Interboro, 3:45pm (Downs)
- Boys Ice Hockey @ Strath Haven @ Ice Works, 7:00pm
- Brandywine River Museum Trip (Hazel)(Bus 9:45am)
- Boys JV Squash vs LaSalle @ Cynwyd Club, 3:00pm (Dismissal 2:00pm)(Bus 2:15pm)
- Girls JV Squash @ Conestoga @ Berwyn Squash Club, 3:15pm (Dismissal 2:00pm) (Bus 2:15pm)
- Boys 9th Grade Basketball @ Garnet Valley, 3:30pm (Dismissal 1:45pm)(Bus 2:00pm)
- Boys Swimming/Diving @ Strath Haven, 3:45pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Girls Swimming/Diving @ Strath Haven, 3:45pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Girls 9th Grade Basketball @ Garnet Valley, 4:30pm (Dismissal 1:45pm)(Bus 2:00pm)
- Girls Basketball vs Garnet Valley, JV 5:30pm/V 7:00pm
- Boys Basketball @ Garnet Valley, JV 5:30pm/V 7:00pm (JV Bus 4:15pm)(V Bus 4:45pm)
- Wrestling @ Upper Darby, JV 6:00pm/V 7:00pm (Bus 4:30pm)
- MELC Trip (Drake)(Bus 9:30am)
- BCMS Trip (Hunnex)(Bus 1:45pm)
- Girls Squash vs Agnes Irwing @ Cynwyd Club, 3:15 (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Boys Swimming/Diving @ Penncrest, 3:45pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Girls Swimming/Diving @ Penncrest, 3:45pm (Dismissal 2:15pm)(Bus 2:30pm)
- Boys Ice Hockey vs Garnet Valley @ Skatium, 8:00pm
- Winterfest Special Schedule
- Boys 9th Grade Basketball vs Conestoga, 3:45pm (Downs)
- Girls 9th Grade Basketball vs Conestogy, 4:45pm (Downs)
- Girls Basketball @ Conestoga, JV 5:30pm/V 7:00pm (Bus 4:00pm)
- Boys Basketball vs Conestoga, JV 5:30pm/V 7:00pm
- Girls Indoor @ Lehigh University, 6:30pm (Bus 3:30pm)
- Boys Indoor @ Lehigh University, 8:30am (Bus 6:45am)
- Boys Wrestling @ Radnor Holiday Tournament, V/JV 9:00am (Bus 7:15am)
- Your ACES men's ice hockey team battled extremely hard last night vs Strath Haven in game 1 of a home and home series with a short turn around. LM brought the physicality and gave their all rallying back from a 3-1 deficit and tying it 3-3. Strath Haven would eventually push a few more through and despite the intense effort displayed, LM would fall short by a score of 6-4. Aces Nation, ALL 10 of you that were there, we truly appreciate your support!! The guys love to see the staff that have been out at our games! We welcome any other portion of the student body OR staff to attend as well in the near future! Your ACES hockey has been battling since 9/6 and still have 3 months left to play. We need your support at the rinks! We Appreciate it. See you Monday night, 7pm at Aston as LM enters Strath Haven territory in search of a much needed win. LM currently holds a 3-3-0-2 record while occupying the 4th seed in the Central League standings. Haven sits in third."
- Please help support your Lower Merion Cheerleaders with their candy gram sales in the cafeteria. These sales will go from December 13th-19th. Students can send a candy cane with a message to a friend, crush, or special someone!
- Bonjour! The French Club will be meeting on Monday December 17th after school in the Cooking Room 116 to make & decorate French themed holiday cookies. We look forward to seeing you! Merci.
- The Environmental Club will be meeting in the Greenhouse during both lunches Wednesday, December 19th. We will be moving plants that were planted from the greenhouse and cleaning up the courtyard. Please wear clothing appropriately for the weather. If you can only attend one of the lunches, feel free to come late or leave early (we will either be in the greenhouse or courtyard). Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- There will be an Amnesty International meeting Thursday, 12/20, second lunch in room 136. There will be food, good discussion and opportunities to help make the world a better place. Hope to see you there.