To make it easier for all families to access District communications as conveniently as possible, LMSD plans to start adding text messaging to our School Messenger system. School Messenger is the system we already use to share important information via phone (robocalls) and email.
To sign up for LMSD text messaging, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal account.
- If you do not have an account, click here and follow the "Account Creation Instructions PDF" link to create an account.
- Once you are signed in, click on the Year-Round Update button in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Next, click into the Emergency Contact form and complete the form. The form has six pages. At the bottom of each page, you will need to click "Save Form". The "new text phone number" option is on the Data Update page, which is page three of six.
- Enter the mobile number(s) at which you want to receive text messages into the box(es) under the "Text Phone Numbers" bar.
- Click the "Save Form" button at the bottom of the page.
- Complete pages 4, 5 and 6.
- Then, you will reach a page asking for an electronic signature. Enter your signature and the date, confirm the form is complete and click "Save Form."
Please update this information in the PowerSchool Parent Portal prior to April 8, 2022. After Spring Break, you will receive a reminder email, followed by an initial text message from 67587 (that's our School Messenger system). That message will ask you to reply "Y" to opt-in to receiving text messages. You may want to save that number (67587) in your Contacts as "Lower Merion School District."
Thanks to the members of the Community Engagement Committee of the Achievement Imperative Task Force for promoting the concept of text messaging to improve our District communications.