Background Information: Head injuries pose a serious health risk to students. The LMSD Athletic and Health Services Departments have practices and procedures to promote the health and safety of our student athletes. Students participating in Interscholastic Athletics may be at increased risk for head injuries including concussion. LMSD has procedures to evaluate and manage head injuries for our student athletes. Our procedures are in compliance with Pennsylvania Senate Bill 200 (Pennsylvania Youth Sports concussion Law 2012). Please read the information below for important information about concussions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is a concussion?
- What are the signs and symptoms of concussion?
- What is ImPACT testing?
- What happens if my child has symptoms during competition or practice?
- When can my child return to practice/play after concussion?
- Should a concussed athlete attend school?
- What is the Safety in Youth Sports act?
- What is an athletic trainer?
- What education do coaches have regarding concussions?