- The school district provides bus service for students and the drivers are operating on a timely schedule and carry great responsibility for student safety. Disregarding the authority and respect of the driver may result in a loss of the privilege of riding the school bus. Specific buses are assigned for students to ride to and from Welsh Valley. Please review the Student Bus Contract on the next page for more information about our expectations for students riding the school bus.
- The Transportation Department’s phone number is 610-645-1940.
It is the Transportation Department’s policy that students ride on the bus to which they are assigned. Bus passes are NOT issued to students from the main office for social or homework reasons. Families that, due to an emergency or an unexpected absence of adult supervision at home, are in need of an exception to this policy must receive permission from a school administrator. Parents are asked to please make request in writing as early as possible.
If your child/children will be leaving school early, a note needs to be presented to the attendance secretary upon arrival to school. Parents must come into the building to sign out their child/children prior to leaving. If a child is arriving to school late, a parent must accompany the child into the building with an excuse note stating the reason for the late arrival.
- Should a student choose to participate in an after-school activity, there are 5 buses designated to transport students home at 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm. These buses are considered “cluster buses” that drop students off in a location close to their neighborhood. The late run bus list is available in the main office and online.
- If a student stays after school as a spectator for one of our sporting events, they are expected to take the 4:30 bus home unless they are supervised by an adult (parent, guardian, caregiver, neighbor, etc.) at the game. The adult will be responsible for the student from 4:30-5:30 and their transportation home if the game extends beyond 5:30.
- It is recommended that if a student has arranged to be picked up by a parent or guardian at 4:30 or 5:30 that they ask them to be 5-10 minutes early. Students will be directed by Welsh Valley staff to take the appropriate district late bus home at 4:30 or 5:30 if their pre-arranged ride is not in the front office circle. All arranged transportation must be present before the buses depart or the student will be expected to board the appropriate late bus.