School Bus Expectations and Guidelines
Bus riding is a privilege, not a right. Cooperation with the bus driver and fellow students will result in a safe journey for all passengers. Failure to comply with rules may result in losing the privilege of riding school buses. The following guidelines will apply for students who utilize School District transportation services:
- Arrive on time to the designated bus stop.
- Stay off the road at all times while waiting for the bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to board.
- Exercise caution when approaching the bus.
- Board the bus promptly and in an orderly manner.
On The Bus
- Keep hands and feet inside the bus and out of the aisle at all times.
- Assist in keeping the bus safe and sanitary at all times.
- Do not shout or talk in an excessively loud manner.
- Treat bus equipment with respect - never tamper with the bus or equipment.
- Do not leave books, lunches, or other articles on the bus.
- Do not throw anything out of the bus windows.
- Do not throw anything inside of the bus.
- Do not engage in horseplay, fighting, or any other behavior that may distract the driver.
- Be courteous to fellow students and the bus driver.
- Do not put anything in the aisle at any time.
- Seats are for students, not equipment.
- No eating or drinking.
- Students may not film or photograph any other passengers on the bus.
- Music may be played using headphones only. Speakers are not permitted.
When a student is reported to the Administration for misconduct on the bus, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken. This action may include notification of the parents, assignment of detention, or any other consequence as determined by the Building Administrator. If the first offense is sufficiently serious, the privilege of bus transportation may be withdrawn for a specified period of time. Repeated violations of the rules for bus safety may also result in the suspension of bus transportation. Absence from school while a student is suspended from riding the bus will be considered unexcused/unlawful.