Co-Curricular Activities (Before and After School)
Welsh Valley Middle School embraces an inclusive model and encourages all students to participate in any number of our co-curricular activities, most of which meet after the school day. There are many opportunities to get involved within the Welsh Valley Community. All of the opportunities listed below are available for students in 6th, 7th and 8th grades. The opportunities available are based on student interest and are subject to change from year to year. A monthly schedule for these activities is posted on the school district website and daily announcements are made to students about opportunities to get involved. Also, parents can call the Activities Hotline which is updated daily (610-658-3901). Please note that some activities may be dependent on the number of participants enrolled and are subject to change.
- Library - the library is supervised and open daily at 7:30 am for student use.
- Open Gym - the gym is supervised and open daily at 7:30 am for students to get early morning exercise.
- T.V. Studio - students work in the TV studio and provide our morning announcements.
- Reading Olympics
- Science Olympiad
- TSA Engineering (Technology Student Association)
- Vex Robotics
(auditions are required to participate)
- Competition Jazz Band
- Lab Jazz Band
- Art Club
- Aviation Club
- Chess Club
- Creative Writing
- Debate/Speech Club
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Fire Chords (a cappella group)
- Games Club
- GSA (Gay Straight Alliance)
- H.A.M. Club (Homework and Makeup)
- In-Stitches Club (needle arts)
- Minecraft Club
- Newspaper Club
- Non-Conformist Club
- Project Success
- Salon Club
- Stage Crew
- Stock Market Club (only 10 weeks)
- S.W.A.T. (Students Working towards Achievement Together) - Organizational support
- Student Government
- School Play
- Valley TLC
- Variety Show
- Wii Club
(6th grade only)
Intramural sports are available to all sixth grade students. All male and female students are welcome to play. Teams are organized by the four sixth grade academic teams. The schedule is shown to the students via the video announcements, placed online, and updated daily on the Activities hotline (610-658-3901).