Bala Cynwyd students are educated about appropriate online behavior, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms and Cyber Bullying awareness and response. Cyber Bullying includes, but is not limited to, using Email, Social Media, Cellphone Photos, Text Messages or Video, to make a student feel threatened, harassed or embarrassed.
- Learn about the internet. Know what tools are available for use---and misuse---by your child and friend.
- Talk up values. The technology may have changed, but kindness and decency should still be at the top of everyone’s list.
- Guard passwords. Tell your child not to share with friends and to change passwords frequently.
- Talk to your child. Make sure your child comes to you when targeted for abuse.
- Keep copies. Print out and save any offensive communications. Report the incident to the proper authorities.
- Stress the internet’s impact. An electronic communication sent to one child, can be resent to hundreds. Old electronic communication may resurface and get even a well-meaning child in trouble. Encourage your child to think before sending anything.