Mission and Values
Committed to excellence and continuous improvements, the Lower Merion School district strives to ensure that all students achieve their highest level of critical thinking and creativity, that they value themselves and the diversity of others, and that they are knowledgeable, contributing citizens capable of excelling in a rapidly changing world.
This is accomplished by individuals engaging in innovative, active experiences tailored to myriad ways of learning and in partnership with our community.
Students are our reason for being. We create an environment designed to fulfill the individual learning needs and aspirations of each student. LMSD develops active partnerships at all levels of our learning community and values the individual contribution of each member.
We view learning as a dynamic, innovative collaboration. Individuals learn best when their hearts, minds, and spirits are intimately engaged in the learning process.
Enter to learn. Go forth to serve.
- All people have equal intrinsic worth.
- People learn in different ways and at different rates.
- Each person bears responsibility for the well-being of society and the quality of the environment
- Learning occurs everywhere and is a lifelong pursuit of knowledge, truth, and wisdom.
- High quality public education directly benefits the entire community and is essential for a democratic society.
- The responsibility for learning rests primarily with the individual; however, education is the shared responsibility of the student, home and family, school, and the entire community.
- Individuals learn best when actively engaged in the learning process.
- Excellence demands sustained effort.
- All individuals can be successful learners.
- High expectations yield high results.
- Society benefits when individual rights are balanced with social responsibility
- Ethical conduct is essential to the quality of life.
The Bala Cynwyd Middle School fully supports Lower Merion School District’s “Equal Opportunity Program for School and Classroom Practices” (Board Policy No. 103).
If you suspect any discrimination based on handicap/disability, race, color, age, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, or national origin, please contact the building principal immediately.
|Lucy Klain, Presidentemail@example.com|
|Dr. Kerry Sautner, Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
For a full Bala Cynwyd faculty directory with contact information, please visit our online directory, here.