Counseling & Consultation Services
The services of a school counselor are available to all students at BCMS from
7:50am - 3:10pm. Counselors can help students with concerns such as: adjustment to middle school, development of successful work/study habits, social/personal adjustment, interpretation of ability/achievement levels, career information, and parent consultation.
Counselors also serve as coordinators of services between school and outside agencies. Parents are encouraged to notify the counselor if their child is receiving services from an outside agency.
Students are encouraged to see their grade-level counselor any time during school hours. Students must obtain a pass from their teacher or the office before coming to visit the counselor. Parents are encouraged to contact their counselor for information or consultation anytime during the school day at 610-645-1488.
Our mission is to provide all students access to a comprehensive school guidance and counseling program which is research based, data driven, and reflects the individual developmental needs of our students. Our professional school counselors work as student advocates by collaborating with parents, guardians, and staff. School counselors provide a continuum of services through a comprehensive school guidance and counseling program for all students in grades 6-8. School counselors implement programs for systemic change in our school based upon the recommended competencies suggested for middle school students. Through exposure to the school guidance and counseling program, students will experience growth within the three domains of: academic achievement, personal/social development, and career awareness as recommended by the American School Counselor Association.
The school counselors at BCMS believe:
- All of our students have dignity, worth, and deserve mutual respect
- All of our students have access to the school counseling program
- Our school counseling curriculum considers the special needs and all ethnic, racial, sexual, and gender differences of our students
Our comprehensive school counseling program at BCMS will:
- Be based on specific goals and developmental student competencies for grades 6-8
- Be planned and coordinated by school counseling staff with input from other school, parent, and community representatives
- Incorporate community resources
- Be evaluated and developed by using measurable data
- Actively involve counseling representatives to monitor students’ outcomes and progress
We will maintain a strong ethical foundation that protects our students and their families by:
- Abiding by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- Participating in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program.