- Arrival and Dismissal
- Additional Dismissal Information
- Absences or Late Arrivals
- Non-Scheduled Early Dismissals
- Cell Phones
- Dress Code
- Electronic Devices
- Morning Meeting and Recess
- Snow Days and Snow Delays
- Sources of School Closings/Delayed Opening Information
- School Supplies
- Kindergarten Morning Session
- 9:00 AM - 11:50 AM
- Kindergarten Afternoon Session
- 12:50 PM - 3:35 PM
- Grades 1-5
- 9:00 AM - 3:35 PM
Parents/Guardians enter and exit via Righters Mill Road. Use the Flag Pole Circle for drop-off and pick-up. NO PARKING IN THE CIRCLE.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Stay in your car
- Move up the line
- Children exit curb side
- Late arrival (after 9 AM or 12:50 PM)
- Parent/Guardian must accompany their child into the main office with late note.
Please use the Gladwyne Township parking lot.
- Kindergarten – Dismissed from their classroom tBus, Parent or MELC (2018-2019)
3:35PM KPM-5th grade
- Walkers – Meet in the lobby at big pillar, dismiss from Door 14: Auditorium upper door
- Student Pick-up
- Parent/Guardian bring Student Pick-up Card:
- Dismiss from Door 14: Auditorium upper door
- Child has their ID Card tbe matched with their Student Pick-up Card.
- ID Card is turned in to Gladwyne adult and Student Pick-up Card returned tparent/guardian.
- Temporary Student Pick-Up cards are available in the vestibule beginning at 3:20 PM.
- Parent/Guardian bring Student Pick-up Card:
- Car Pick-up
- Bring or fill out Student Pick-up Card and place in driver side window/dashboard
- Dismiss from Door 13: Auditorium lower door
- Bus Pick-up
- All students meet in gym according their bus number when called
- Dismiss through Doors 16A, 17 or Lobby after 3:45 PM
- Office Dismissal
- Parent should notify teacher in the AM via e-mail or note if picking student up early
- All dismissals from the office need to be communicated to the teacher prior to 3 pm. After 3:15 pm dismissals will only be the normal dismissal as walkers, student pick up, car pick up or bus pick up.
- Right at School After-Care Program (RAS)
- Students will be called tdismiss over the loud-speaker. Students meet in the cafeteria.
The Gladwyne Absentee and Safe Arrival Hotline is an attendance monitoring system that accounts for all students marked absent. When you know your child will be absent or late, please call the Hotline at 610-658-3904. Leave a message, including your child's full name, grade, teacher and the reason for the absence. The Hotline is always available, so you can call at any time of day or evening throughout the school year. When a child is marked absent and a parent has not called in, an automated call from the district will be made to the number(s) listed on the Parent Portal to account for the child. Even if you alert your child's teacher, please call the Hotline as well. When your child returns to school, a written absence note is required within three days before it becomes an unexcused absence. The school district has a form available for your convenience, it can be found at this address: https://www.lmsd.org/gladwyne/parent-info/attendance/absence-form. If you prefer to e-mail your written note, you may do so by sending it to email@example.com. An automated call will still go out as a safety check even if you email or send in the form on the day of your child's absence. If you arrive to school after 9:00 am a Parent/Guardian must accompany their child into the main office with a late note.
In the event of a future non-scheduled early dismissal, please follow the procedures listed below:
- In addition to the District Global Connect Message, each Homeroom Teacher will send an email to each Parent/Guardian. Each Parent/Guardian needs to CONFIRM by email ASAP with the Homeroom Teacher, indicating how your child will be going home – bus, carline, Right At School, etc.… Even if you have already sent a note.
- If you have two or more children at Gladwyne, please send an email to EACH of your children’s teachers.
- If we are not able to reach someone, your child will go home according to the regular dismissal plan for the day.
This method will allow us to communicate quickly and efficiently. We appreciate your help in making this a smooth process for the safety of our children.
NOTE: If you need to change the phone numbers that Global Connect calls, please CALL THE GLADWYNE OFFICE to update your Global Connect Phone numbers. It is important that you receive the message on a phone number that is always accessible to you.
REMEMBER: It is important that we are able to contact every parent/guardian in the event of an early dismissal. Please make sure that we have updated emergency contact information.
There is a significant amount of information on the Lower Merion School District (LMSD) website at www.lmsd.org. For additional information, access Gladwyne's website on the LMSD website at www.lmsd.org then click "SCHOOLS" and then click "GLADWYNE".
- Each class has "Blackboard", which lists homework, class activities, school supplies, important dates, etc. To access "Blackboard": go to www.lmsd.org , then "Quick links" to "Blackboard" then under "Class Catalog" select "Gladwyne ES". You will then search for the teacher's Blackboard.
- The Gladwyne Gazette is the school's news/ information letter. It is available year-round only via e-mail. To sign up: Go to www.lmsd.org under "About," select "Newsroom," select "HSA Listserves" click on "Gladwyne Elementary School HSA" then fill out form to subscribe.
- To access Electronic Thursday Envelopes, go to https://lmsd.org/gladwyne/parent-info/thursday-envelope/, or go to www.lmsd.org, click on "Schools", select "Gladwyne" and then scroll down and click on the red bar labeled, "Thursday Envelope"
During a two-hour delayed opening, bus pickup is delayed by two hours: if the normal bus pick-up time is 8:30 a.m., then the delayed bus pickup time will be approximately 10:30 a.m.
If school closes early (due to snow, etc.), you will be contacted by email or phone. You must respond to the email or give verbal permission, at that time, for your child to ride the bus or to be picked up.
- Phone: LMSD Emergency Hotline: 610-645-0143
- TV: Comcast Channel 6 (Educational Access Cable), NBC 10, and FOX 29
- Internet: LMSD website: www.lmsd.org
- KYW News Radio website: www.kyw1060.com
- Radio: KYW News Radio 1060 AM (listen for school number 302 in Montgomery County)
- Transportation: 610-645-1940
Please access the Blackboard of your child’s teacher for specific information on the supplies needed for the beginning of the school year (see the first bullet of “Information” in this handbook for how to log into Blackboard). Blackboard can also be found at www.lmsd.org under the Parents tab.
Changes to Pennsylvania immunization law 2018 include:
Reduction of the immunization provisional period from 8 months to 5 days: In the past, students could begin school in September if they had at least one dose of each required immunization in a series and were given an 8 month provisional period to complete the series. The provisional period has been reduced to 5 days. If additional doses are required and are medically appropriate within the first five days of school, the child must have the next dose AND a medical certificate setting out the schedule for the remainder of doses. Students who do not have the next dose of a required series AND the medical certificate outlining the schedule for the remainder of the series on opening of school will be excluded on September 13, 2018 until the requirements are met. The medical certificate must be signed by a physician, certified registered nurse practitioner (CRNP) or physician assistant (PA). Exemptions to the immunization requirements remain the same and include religious/philosophical exemption signed by parent/ guardian, medical exemption signed by physician, CRNP or PA, homelessness or transfer from another school. Students who transfer to LMSD from another school have 30 days to comply.
Please contact the School Nurse if you have questions about immunization requirements.
Remember to share “The Gladwyne Way” with your children Respect Yourself * Respect Others * Respect the Environment!