Essential Partners - Parents and School
All parents are expected to:
- Recognize that the education of their child(ren) is a joint responsibility of the parents and the school community.
- Send their children to school ready to participate and learn. Ensure that their children attend school regularly and on time.
- Ensure that absences are excused.
- Insist their children be dressed and groomed in a manner consistent with the student dress code.
- Help their children understand that in a democratic society appropriate rules are required to maintain a safe, orderly environment.
- Know school rules and help their children understand them.
- Convey to their children a supportive attitude toward education and the district.
- Build good relationships with teachers, other parents and their children’s friends.
- Help their children deal effectively with peer pressure.
- Inform school officials of changes in the home situation that may affect student conduct or performance.
- Provide a place for study and ensure that homework assignments are completed.
- Serve as role models for students and act in a respectful manner toward teachers, administrators and other school personnel.
- Cooperate fully with school authorities in the investigation of Code of Conduct violations.