Inspection of Student Records
The Lower Merion School District, consistent with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) 20 U.S.C.A. Section 1232g, the confidentiality provisions of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 20 U.S.C.A. Section 1400 et seq. and the Pennsylvania State Board of Education Regulations and Standards codified at 22 Pa. Code Chapters 14 and 342 shall:
- Permit either the parent of a student or an eligible student (a student who is eighteen years of age or is attending an institution of post secondary education) who is or has been in attendance within the LMSD, to personally inspect and review the records of the said student, provided they have made an appointment with:
- The appropriate building principal for education records of a student currently enrolled and five years thereafter.
- The Director of Student Services and Special Education for all other education records.
- Forty-five days after the request is received, for all Regular Education records, or
- Thirty days after the request is received and prior to an IEP conference or hearing for identification, evaluation, or placement of a child in Special Education.