Job Fairs and Recruitment Initiatives
As a part of our ongoing recruitment efforts, LMSD has planned to participate in multiple regional teacher recruitment fairs in addition to events in collaboration with the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. Lower Merion School District is proud to participate in the following career fairs in preparation for the 2021-2022 school year:
Interested in working in Lower Merion School District? Come meet with a LMSD representative at one of the following recruitment events this spring!
- *Temple University’s Spring 2022 Educator’s Fair: On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 from 4:00-6:30 p.m., LMSD will attend Temple University’s virtual education fair which will attract upcoming graduates and alumni. For more information, click here.
- Spring 2022 Diversity Career Expo & Job Fair: On Tuesday, March 29, 2022, The Philadelphia Inquirer & Monster are hosting a multi-industry fair where Lower Merion School District aims to attract qualified candidates for support positions. The event will be held at Philadelphia Live! Casino & Hotel. For more information, click here.
- *Diversity in Ed Virtual Recruitment Fair: Diversity in Ed is an organization aimed to connect job seeking teachers of color and diverse backgrounds with employers committed to diversity. On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 from 1:00-5:00 p.m., Diversity in Ed will be hosting its annual education fair with a goal of attracting diverse education professionals. For more information, click here.
- DVEC (Greater Philadelphia Teacher Job Fair): The Spring 2022 Greater Philadelphia Teacher Job Fair will happen asynchronously between Monday, March 28 & Monday, April 11, 2022. New and experienced teacher candidates have the opportunity to meet and interview with representatives from various school districts. Registration for Employers is open! For more information, click here.
- *Rider University Spring 2022 Education Career Fair: On Thursday, April 7, 2022 from 1:00-6:00 p.m., Rider University will have 100+ students and alumni from the undergraduate and graduate programs eager to learn about new professional and administrative opportunities. For more information, click here.
- *Montgomery County Recruitment Outreach Annual Diversity Recruitment Fair: We look forward to meeting candidates interested in teaching and administrative positions at MCRO’s Annual Diversity in Education Recruitment Fair on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. For more information, click here .
- Delaware Valley Consortium for Excellence & Equity (DVCEE): Lower Merion School District is one of 38 school districts in Greater Philadelphia along with three county intermediate units and the Pennsylvania State Education Association. DVCEE, an organization within University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education, provides innovative resources, research-based training, and technical assistance and consultation to school district leaders throughout the Mid-Atlantic region in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. Event dates are TBD.
- Montgomery County Recruitment Outreach (MCRO): LMSD is a proud member of Montgomery County Recruitment Outreach (MCRO), including the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit (MCIU) and the 22 school districts in Montgomery County. Recruitment fairs marked with an asterisk indicate LMSD’s collaboration with MCRO.
Lower Merion School District is a proud member of Montgomery County Recruitment Outreach. MCRO is a recruitment consortium of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, public school districts dedicated to the recruitment, selection, and employment of diverse, skilled, and talented educators.