Lower Merion School District's Nutritional Services will be offering "grab-and-go" lunches (and breakfasts starting Wednesday) on weekdays from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. starting on Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
The distribution site will be the Suburban Square parking lot located at Montgomery and Anderson avenues in Ardmore. The meals will be available for Lower Merion and Narberth children, age 18 or younger, who need them. A parent, guardian or family member may pick up the meals for the children in their household.
To maintain social distancing, meals will be placed on a school bus lift gate, one at a time. Families will be asked to wait in their cars, or in the pickup line, until it is their turn to approach the bus. Nursing staff will be working alongside Nutritional Services personnel to ensure everyone's health and safety.
The School District asks the following, so that we may best serve our families:
- Please only take the meals that are needed by children in your household, so that there are enough meals to go around (1 lunch for today, 1 breakfast for tomorrow per child)
- Please follow any directions issued by food service, operations or health service staff; or by the Lower Merion Police Department or Suburban Square security personnel
- Please bring your patience. This is a new initiative and it may take a little while to get everything running smoothly, to manage quantities and to ensure everyone's safety
- To minimize contact, staff on-site will not answer questions or engage in conversations
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional resources for meals during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- All SNAP pizza locations are offering a free kids' pizza & fountain drink (maximum two kids pizzas per transaction) Monday through Friday
- Montgomery County Action Development Commission Emergency Food Program
- Narberth Community Food Bank (they are accepting food and financial donations)
- Ardmore Food Pantry (they are accepting food and financial donations)
- USDA SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- USDA WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Program