On October 8, 2021, Terry Quinlan, LMSD's Lead Supervisor of School Health and Student Safety shared an update on LMSD's ACE-IT Binax rapid antigen testing program and urged parents/guardians to go into PowerSchool to register whether they consent to their child being tested. She urged, if you do consent, please pre-register your child. The process is explained below and having your consent on file will enable us to more quickly test your child.
Rapid Testing may be done in grades 7-12 in the following circumstances:
- Illness develops at school: We will call you if your child becomes or feels ill during the school day and test them in the health suite. REMINDER: Students may not come to school if they are symptomatic in accordance with the daily screener.
- Testing out of quarantine: Students who are quarantined as a result of an in-school exposure may return after 7 days of quarantine instead of 10 if they are tested on day 5-7 after exposure. Testing for out of quarantine is done outside of LMHS cafeteria daily between 3:00-5:00 p.m. and is not done during the school day.
- Testing for vaccinated close contacts: Students who are identified as in-school close contacts of a positive student may be tested on days 3-5 after exposure in accordance with recommendations of the MCOPH. This will be done in the health suite.
- Extracurricular Activity Testing: Students in identified higher-risk athletic and other extracurricular activities.
Because getting a test in school is likely more convenient than finding an outside test center and waiting for results, I urge you to complete the two steps needed for your child to undergo testing.
- First, you will need to log onto the PowerSchool Parent Portal and indicate whether you give your consent for your child to be tested at school. Please do this even if you have already turned in a paper consent for sports/activities rapid testing. I apologize for the redundancy, but we have recently worked with our Information Systems Department to streamline our process and safely store the consents for more efficiency.
- Next, you will need to pre-register at https://register.pennrapidtest.org/ to obtain a QR code for testing.
- Directions for registering and obtaining your QR code are available here.
Thank you for participating in our rapid testing program and helping to keep our school community safe.