Counselors work with students throughout their high school years to offer a framework for college and career planning. Through classroom lessons (called GATE) and individual or small group meetings, students learn about key elements of the college process and career search, including the importance of grades and a strong transcript; the value of researching a wide range of colleges; recommended scheduling of SAT and/or ACT; financial aid; and the application process itself.
Please browse through the links below to read about college and career planning in more detail.
- Planning for Career and Employment
- PLANNING FOR COLLEGE ADMISSION
- PLANNING FOR STANDARDIZED COLLEGE TESTING
- PLANNING TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
- PLANNING FOR STUDENTS WHO LEARN DIFFERENTLY
- PLANNING FOR NCAA COLLEGE ATHLETICS
- PLANNING FOR A GAP YEAR
- PLANNING FOR MILITARY SERVICE
- PLANNING FOR TRADE & TECHNICAL SCHOOLS