College & Career Planning
Counselors work with students throughout their high school years to offer a framework for college and career planning. Through classroom lessons (called GATE) and individual or small group meetings, students learn about key elements of the college process and career search, including the importance of grades and a strong transcript; the value of researching a wide range of colleges; recommended scheduling of SAT and/or ACT; financial aid; and the application process itself.
Please browse through the links below to read about college and career planning in more detail.
- LMSD materials to help with planning:
- Typical calendar of programs, visits, fairs
- Testing Information (PSAT/SAT/ACT, Subject Tests, APs)
- Financial Aid
- Forms and Information Sheets
- Colleges LMSD graduates attend
- Links to College Resources and Websites (include NCAA)
- Gap Year Information
- Career Information