The process for obtaining background clearance documents may be initiated online. The following instructions, together with the embedded links, will assist you in beginning the process of obtaining your clearances. Once you have obtained your clearances, you must fill out the Volunteer Application and upload your clearance documents into the Raptor® Volunteer Management System.
Three documents are required:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification
- Pennsylvania Criminal History Background Check
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check OR FBI Disclosure Statement/Affirmation
- If you have lived in Pennsylvania for at least the last 10 consecutive years, click here to open the Disclosure Statement
- If you have NOT lived in Pennsylvania for at least the last 10 consecutive years, click here. Where required, enter the PDE Service Code: 1KG6Y3
Once you have obtained all of your clearances you must complete the online Volunteer Application and upload those forms in the Raptor® Volunteer Management System. You will be notified once your application has been approved.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of School and Community Relations at 610-645-1977.