- Why do I have to register as a volunteer?
- What are the clearances I need?
- Anything else?
- If I’ve already given my clearance documents to LMSD, what do I need to do?
- What if I’m a new volunteer?
- What if I can’t get/don’t know how to make electronic copies to upload?
- Why is the District switching to this new system?
- There’s a lot of personal information in the clearance documents. How does the Raptor Volunteer Management System protect this information?
- Where can I learn more about the Raptor system?
- If I have trouble with the Raptor Volunteer application website, can I call someone for help?
Pennsylvania’s Child Protective Services Act requires that all school volunteers who interact with students need clearances. The Raptor Volunteer Management System provides LMSD with an efficient way to manage the necessary clearance documents and expirations to ensure that volunteers are cleared and to keep our students safe.
Yes. LMSD requires that you sign a confirmation that you have read and understand District Policies relating to setting appropriate boundaries, reporting abuse, harassment and other important issues. Here is the list of Policies with which all volunteers must be familiar:
Even if your clearances are already on file, you must fill out a volunteer application in the Raptor Volunteer Management System. Click here to access the application. Where it asks whether you are an existing volunteer, prior to the 2019-2020 school year, select that option. You can simply skip the parts of the application that ask you to upload your clearance documents.
First, you must obtain your clearances. Instructions on how to do that are available here. If you have your documents in electronic form, you will need to have them available to upload to complete the volunteer application. If you have hard-copy versions of your clearance documents, you will need to scan them to make electronic copies so that you can upload them with your application. Once you have your clearances ready, click here to access the application. When asked, select the box for a new volunteer for the 2019-2020 school year. You will be directed when to upload your documents.
If you only have hard copies of your clearance documents, you should still complete the online volunteer application. You will then need to bring your documents to the District Administration Offices, 301 E. Montgomery Ave. Ardmore, Pa. 19003, to be entered into the system. You may do this during the following days/times:
- Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. - noon
- Thursdays: 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Raptor Volunteer Management System will help us manage the clearance paperwork and will enable you to update your information online. You will no longer need to visit the District Administration Building to turn in your clearance paperwork. And, once all of our volunteers are registered in the Raptor Volunteer Management System, HSAs and schools will be able to use it communicate with you regarding specific volunteer opportunities. Plus, we can program the system to let you know when your clearances are about to expire.