Volunteer Clearance Information
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in the Lower Merion School District. Volunteers play a vital role in supporting our students, staff and programs. While we greatly value the assistance of volunteers in fulfilling the District's mission and strategic plan, we also must be vigilant in ensuring the safety of our students. Therefore, all adult volunteers (even parents and guardians) entering our schools to work with children must have the clearances mandated by the Pa. Child Protective Services Law.
This system offers a number of benefits:
- You will be able to submit your application and clearance documents online, eliminating the need to visit the District Administration Offices in person.
- The system will notify you prior to the expiration of your clearances.
- You will be able to select specific areas of interest for volunteer opportunities, which schools can access when they are looking for help in those areas.
If you are planning on volunteering in your child’s school, you will need to complete two steps. This requirement applies whether you have volunteered in the past, whether you are interested in volunteering for a single event or over a period of time:
STEP ONE: Obtain the necessary clearances (please see the “Obtaining Clearances” section). If you already have submitted your clearance documents to the District, you will still need to complete STEP TWO below.
- If you are unsure whether you have already submitted your clearance documents, you may call the main office of your child's school and ask whether your clearances are on file and still valid.
STEP TWO: Once you have ALL THREE of your clearance documents ready to upload, fill out an online Volunteer Application (please see the “Volunteer Application” section). Unless your clearances are already on file with the District, you will need to have electronic copies of your clearances to complete the application so that your information can be included in the Raptor® System.
- If you are unable to upload your clearance documents, you may bring your original clearance documents and an official form of identification to the District's Department of Human Resources (located at 301 E. Montgomery Avenue, Ardmore, PA 19003) on Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. to noon or Thursdays from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
As part of the Volunteer Application, you will need to affirm that you have read the LMSD Policies related to volunteering in our schools. Click here for links to all of those policies. If you have any questions, please call the District's Office of Community Relations at 610-645-1977.