The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued an order stopping evictions for non-payment of rent from September 4, 2020, through December 31, 2020.
This moratorium applies to families who:
- Attempted to get rental assistance.
- Expect to earn less that $99,000 in 2020
- Lost income due to COVID-19
- Are trying to make partial payments, given your expenses
- Would likely become homeless, if you are evicted
To be protected,, you must declare that you qualify for the Federal Eviction Moratorium by signing the Declaration in English and submitting it to your landlord or the court. Before submitting your Declaration, be sure to make a copy for your records.
If you currently have a court hearing scheduled, you should still attend it. And you should continue to try to pay your rent.
You can find more information about this program by calling the PhillyTenant Helpline at 267-443-2500 or by clicking here.