FAQs About the Black Rock Middle School Fields
UPDATE: LMSD, Haverford & Lower Merion Townships Reach Tentative Deal on Field Use. Learn more here.
The Lower Merion Board of School Directors and Administration strongly believe that every child in our District deserves the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities that will enhance their social emotional growth, maintain their physical and mental health, and solidify their sense of belonging within the school community. For many of our students, participation in athletics supports these goals. Approximately 50% of secondary students participate in extracurricular sports.
This list of FAQs will be updated as additional input is gathered through community engagement.
- 1. Why did LMSD build a new middle school?
- 2. Why aren’t all of other BRMS fields at the same site as the school?
- 3. Where will the rest of BRMS’s fields be located?
- 4. Why did the School District use eminent domain to acquire the field site, if the properties were already for sale?
- 5. What kinds of fields does the District hope to build at the BRMS field site?
- 6. What about the trees and other structures on the field site?
- 7. Where will BRMS 7th & 8th graders play sports until the BRMS fields are built?
- 8. Why can’t teams just continue to be bused to other fields?
- 9. Will the BRMS playing fields be used by other community sports organizations?