Belmont Hills' fourth and fifth grade students have an opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurricular activities:
- School Street Singers - Our popular chorus presents a winter and spring concert. In the past, the chorus has entertained the residents at a local retirement home, and has traveled to Harrisburg to perform at the State Capitol.
- Fifth Grade Drama Club - The Drama Club provides interested fifth graders with an opportunity to learn about various aspects of performing as they practice for their traditional fifth grade musical.
- Instrumental Music - Fourth and fifth graders have an opportunity to participate in either band or orchestra. Our intermediate instrumental groups present two concerts while our beginners groups perform only in the spring.
- Intramural Sports - More cooperative than competitive, students are always excited to arrive early at school to enjoy a variety of sports.
- Student Council - Any fourth grade or fifth grade student can volunteer to participate in this voluntary representative student group. Each year, the Student Council, with the support of staff advisors, conducts several school spirit days and community service projects.
- Study Buddies - An after school homework club also helps the participants acquire work and study skills.
All Belmont Hills' students have an opportunity to enjoy showcasing their talents to the student body and their families.
- Students in kindergarten, first, and fifth grade are center stage each year as they present their grade level musicals.
- Second graders also entertain their peers and parents as they "open" our yearly French Market with a selection of musical numbers - of course in French!
- Third grade students welcome all visitors to their amazing Wax Museum.
Another activity - Bagels and Books - brings third grade parents and their children to school to enjoy an early morning book club hosted by our librarian and reading teacher.