Lower Merion PAGE
What is Lower Merion PAGE?
Lower Merion PAGE is a local Affiliate of the Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education, a statewide organization dedicated to the needs of gifted learners in Pennsylvania. We are a group of parent volunteers whose purpose is to support gifted education in Lower Merion Township by serving as a resource and advocate for gifted students, their families and educators.
How do we support the gifted community in Lower Merion?
Lower Merion PAGE serves as a liaison between LMSD administrators and families with gifted students. We communicate regularly with school district officials about issues related to gifted education in our schools. Lower Merion PAGE also serves as a sounding board for parents who have specific questions about their child’s gifted services or general questions about gifted identification and education in LMSD.
Since our inception in May 2015, Lower Merion PAGE has hosted a number of events for the gifted community in LMSD. Some of our past events include:
- Annual Family Game Night, October 2015 and 2016
- Gifted Seminar Series, in partnership with LMSD Administration:
- Making the Most of Your Child’s GIEP, Fall 2015
- Taking a Closer Look at Gifted Education in LMSD, Fall 2016
- Parent Discussion Groups, January and June 2016
- PAGE-Sponsored Speaker, Dr. Mary Ann Swiatek, April 2016
In the coming months, we have several exciting activities planned, including:
- Fun with Shakespeare! for 3rd to 6th graders, March 24, 2017
- Parent Social Hour, March 24, 2017
- PAGE-Sponsored Speaker, TBD, April/May 2017
How can you become involved?
Help us coordinate an event and/or become a member! Lower Merion PAGE offers annual family memberships for $25/year and lifetime family memberships for a one-time fee of $100. Membership dues help us to fund events like Family Game Night and bring in speakers with expertise in gifted education. In the future, we are also hoping to use these funds to sponsor a parent or educator to attend the annual PAGE conference or other continuing education events.
Questions/Interested in learning more?
Contact Alexis Rosenfeld (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Andrea Koban Payne (email@example.com), Co-Presidents. You can also visit us at lmpage.org, on our Facebook page, or on Twitter (@LowerMerionPAGE). We hope to hear from you!