Within and beyond the school walls, learners independently seek to:
- Explore and develop personal interests, inquiries, and passions.
- Craft communication through choice of model(s) of expression, strategic use of evidence, and command of language to reach intended audience(s).
- Set learning goal(s) that are pursued and evaluated until the goal(s) are realized or new ideas emerge.
- Navigate through diverse sources and perspectives to reach discerning and thoughtful understandings.
- Advocate for self and other by drawing on compassion and courage to speak up for what's right and just.
- Share stories, ideas, and points of view while engaging other to think interdependently and act collectively.
- Use processes (e.g., design thinking, creative problem solving, and system thinking) to develop solutions and to understand the role of failure in learning.
- Investigate challenging contemporary global and local issues by pursuing questions or lines of thinking.
- Make informed choices that support social, emotional and personal health and well being.