The LMSD Elementary School Counselors are pleased to offer a six-session Parenting Seminar on Mondays starting February 24, 2020. Love & Logic provides nationally renowned parenting strategies and resources that emphasize limit setting, accountability, and logical consequences. Participating parents and guardians can expect to learn:
- How to avoid un-winnable power-struggles and arguments
- How to stay calm and empathetic when kids do incredibly upsetting things
- How to set enforceable limits
- How to avoid enabling and begin empowering
- How to help kids learn from mistakes
Attendance at all sessions is highly encouraged as lessons build upon each other and it will be helpful in maintaining the integrity of the groups. There is no cost to attend.
Sessions will be held from 4:30-6:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- February 24
- March 2
- March 9
- March 16
- March 23
- March 30
Registrations will be limited and accepted on a fist-come, first-serve basis.
For more information about Love & Logic and Parent Resources, click here.