The LMSD Elementary School Counselors are pleased to offer a 6-session Parenting Seminar on Wednesdays starting in October 2019. Love & Logic provides nationally renowned parenting strategies and resources that emphasize limit setting, accountability and logical consequences. Participating parents and guardians can expect to learn:
- How to avoid an un-winnable power struggles and arguments
- How to stay calm and empathetic when kids do incredibly upsetting things
- How to set enforceable limits
- How to avoid enabling and begin empowering
- How to help kids learn from mistakes
Attendance at all sessions is high encouraged as lessons build upon each other and will help maintain the integrity of the groups. These is not cost to attend.
Session Dates (each will run from 4:30-6:00 p.m.)
- October 16
- October 23
- October 30
- November 6
- November 13
- November 20
If you are interested in participating, please contact Deobrah Wilson-Leslie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Payne (email@example.com).
Registrations will be limited and accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
More information about Love & Logic and Parent Resources can be found here.