Now that it's November, it's a good time for a reminder about how the District communicates weather-related school delays, closures or early dismissals.
The goal is to make a decision and notifications before 6:00 a.m. Crews from the LMSD Transportation and Operations departments assess road conditions throughout the District and consult with the Township, weather services and PennDoT. It's important to note that while roads in one area of the District may be clear, conditions elsewhere may be hazardous. The safety of ALL students, drivers and staff is the primary factor under consideration.
If a weather-related late opening, closure or early dismissal will occur, the following notification methods will be used:
- Emails and phone calls will be sent to all staff
- Emails will be sent to families who have email addresses registered in PowerSchool
(Note: NO phone calls to families are made between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.)
- Information will be posted on the District Website
- Information will be posted on the District Facebook page
- Information will be shared on the District Twitter account (@LowerMerionSD)
- The District emergency hotline will be updated: (610) 645-0143
- Information will appear on the LMSD TV channel: Xfinity Channel 22, Fios Channel 36
- Information will be shared with local TV and radio news outlets
Families whose children are served by RAS are urged to review the emergency transportation scenarios that can be found here.