Change in LMSD Free Meal Program
Starting next week, the Lower Merion School District free meal distribution program for children will be reduced to one day a week.
Ten meals will be provided for each child on Tuesdays, starting on Tuesday May 12, 2020.
- Meal distribution will take place this Wednesday, May 6, 2020, as scheduled
- The meal bags distributed on Wednesday, May 6, 2020, will include additional meals to cover Monday lunch and Tuesday breakfast for next week.
- Meals will NOT BE DISTRIBUTED on Monday, May 11, 2020
- Each child will continue to receive five breakfasts and five lunches each week.
- The time and location remain the same: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Suburban Square parking lot at Anderson and Montgomery Avenues (across from the former Ruby's location).
Pre-registration for meals is requested, but not required. If you are able, please sign up here.
LMSD is making this change to limit potential exposure to COVID-19 and further protect the health and safety of both LMSD staff and community members. Since the meal distribution began on March 17, 2020, LMSD has provided more than 30,000 meals to children.
The District thanks the Nutritional Services staff, Nursing staff, Operations staff and community volunteers who are supporting this important effort.