NEWS FROM HUGHES
- It is not too late to order a Dawg Pound shirt if you didn't order one the first time. Final orders must be in by this upcoming Friday. Cost for the shirt is $16. See Mrs. Hemingway in the main office to order. Remember – this Friday is the final day to order!
- It's HERE!!! Winterfest – the season of giving is back!! This year we are collecting non-perishable food and household items for the Saints Memorial Food Pantry. The collection will end on December 21st so please don't wait. ALL teachers will be accepting your donations...some may even reward you for your generosity!!! The second part of this year's collections will be monetary donations to support the Calliope Joy Foundation, which supports research towards a cure for leukodystrophy. We will be collecting the money during lunches throughout Winterfest. Winterfest will culminate with our annual gathering in the gym and cafeteria on December 22nd to celebrate Winterfest and wish each other good tidings as we approach the holiday season!! Please consider helping others in their time of need!!! WINTERFEST!!!
- Winterfest raffle tickets are being sold during L&L until Thursday, December 22nd with Mr. Kline (gym) or Mr. Feeney (rm 204). Some of the raffle giveaways are 2 pair of Flyers tickets, 2 Sixers tickets, 4 box seats to a Phillies game, 2 Taylor Swift concert tickets, and a variety of Eagles items signed by people like Carson Wentz, legendary coach Dick Vermeil, and more!!!
- Ready to get in the holiday spirit? The cheerleaders will be selling holiday candy grams everyday during both lunches until Wednesday December 20. Each candy gram is only one dollar and the person you send it to will get a sweet surprise. Get your lists ready!
- Attention all sophomores interested in the International Baccalaureate Program: Applications are available in the 10th grade office (or wherever you want them to be) or online by visiting the IB page of the district website. Go to www.lmsd.org and navigate to Academics/High School/International Baccalaureate.
After school Enrichment
Tuesday - English and Thursday - Math
Enrichment takes place in the Library from 2:45-4:15PM
A, B, and C days: 2nd Lunch & Learn in the Learning Center
THIS WEEK'S EVENTS
- 9th Grade Basketball vs Garnet Valley, Boys 3:30pm/ Girls 4:45pm
- Girls Basketball at Garnet Valley, JV 5:30pm/ V 7:00pm (Bus 4:00pm)
- Boys Basketball vs Garnet Valley, JV 5:30pm/ V 7:00pm
- Girls Indoor Track & Field at Lehigh, 6:30pm (Bus 3:30pm)
- Girls Ice Hockey at Garnet Valley at Ice Line, 9:45pm
- Girls Basketball vs Souderton, JV 11:30am/ V 1:00pm
- Boys Indoor Track & Field at Lehigh, 12:30pm (Bus 10:00am)
- Congrats to the LM Lady Aces, as they won their first league game, 51-37 over Upper Darby. Sarah Fitzpatrick had 14, Jasmine Forrester had 12, Bethany Eldridge had 9, and Ashley Roberts added 8 in a balanced attack. Aces face the tough Garnet Valley Jaguars on Friday. Good luck Aces.
- Intramural basketball returns to LM. Please get your team together and see Mr. Dawson in room 336 for all the necessary forms. The League starts on January 9th! First teams that submit all forms are guaranteed to play on January 9th. Intramurals is open to all students, all genders and all grade levels.
- Attention ice hockey fans!! Your Aces travel out to Aston on Monday night at 7pm to take on a Central League rival Springfield. LM and Springfield are battling for the number 1 spot in the Central League heading into the holiday break. Aces Nation, we Need your support at the rink on Monday. The Cougars will bring a packed house. Come support your ACES...!!
- The Boy's Ice Hockey team will be playing at the Wells Fargo Center after the Flyers vs. Red Wings game on December 20. Tickets are only $35 and include a ticket to the Flyers game before. Come support, can't wait to see you there! Contact Mr. Pike with questions.
- The French Club will meet after school on Monday, December 18th in room 115. We will do fun, holiday-themed French activities. We look forward to seeing you!
- LM TSA is having a fundraiser at Chipotle in Ardmore to support the American Cancer society this Monday. Come between 4 and 8pm and get some tasty burritos and support a good cause. Be sure to tell the cashier you are there for the fundraiser so your order counts. burrito burrito burrito.
- Attention all Lower Merion students! Art Forum is submitting artwork to be displayed in our public libraries, and we want to include your work! Please see Mr. Hazel for a form in room 132.