The Office of Program Evaluation is responsible for building capacity for program evaluation and encouraging evaluative thinking within the LMSD educational community. Specifically, we provide the following services for the district:
- Assist the LMSD education community in reviewing best available evidence for informing programmatic, curricular, and instructional decisions;
- Design and conduct evaluations of K-12 programs, services, and practices
collaboratively with program personnel, independently within the district, or
in partnership with external evaluators.
- Guide research and evaluation efforts for All Forward.
- Provide support, consultations, and professional learning opportunities for topics related to educational research, program evaluation, and data analysis and interpretation; and
- Facilitate the review of research requests submitted to the district, and monitor approved studies.
The work of this office is guided by the Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation's Program Evaluation Standards and the American Evaluation Association's Guiding Principles for Evaluators.