Lower Merion School District is committed to providing the finest public education available, anywhere. To that end, the District seeks to recruit, retain and develop high quality faculty members and support personnel. Our diverse workforce includes more than 1400 teachers, nurses, administrators, secretarial staff, custodial staff, bus drivers, paraprofessionals and other support staff. The Human Resources Department provides a range of services to our employees. Examples of these services include:
- Staff recruitment, hiring and retirement procedures and negotiated agreements
- Staff orientation, development and evaluation
- Administration of employee benefits (including the District's self-insured health plan) and personnel policies
- Implementation and oversight of federal and state policies and civil service procedures governing employment
- Substitute teacher, teacher aide, student teacher and homebound tutoring programs
The Lower Merion School District has a firm commitment to equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace.