The Lower Merion/Harriton Distinguished Alumni Award Nomination Instructions
This program was initiated as part of the Lower Merion High School Centennial. It is administered by the Alumni Association as part of an agreement with the Centennial Committee, with the understanding that it remain as originally designed, except for the addition of eligibility for Harriton Alumni.
- We welcome all nominations at any time.
- All previous nominees will automatically be reconsidered. If you have submitted someone before, it is not necessary to nominate them again.
- The Alumni Association presents all nominations to an independent committee consisting of established community leaders for the selection of recipients.
- NOMINEES MUST HAVE GRADUATED FROM LOWER MERION OR HARRITON AT LEAST 15 YEARS PRIOR TO THEIR NOMINATION. THEY MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA AND ALREADY HAVE BEEN RECOGNIZED BY THEIR PEERS OR COMMUNITY IN A FORMAL MANNER.
Selections are based on the nominees ongoing commitment to excellence in at least one of the following:
- Performance within a professional field, as recognized by their peers in some formal fashion as a result of either achievement within the profession or action that led to the betterment of the profession.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community, as recognized by an established community-based organization.
- Awards may be granted posthumously.
To submit a nomination please complete the attached Nomination Form and ATTACH A RESUME OR CV regarding the nominee. We must rely on you to provide the necessary details. The Association consists of volunteers and we do not have the resources to conduct research. (Credentials of award recipients however, will be verified.)