- Payment for Insurance is required prior to the issuance of the Laptop for off-campus use. Students of parents and guardians who decline to pay for insurance will not be permitted to take their Laptop off-campus. Parents, guardians and students may be held financially responsible for all uninsured damage, loss or theft of the Laptop while the Laptop is in the possession, custody or control of student, including the applicable deductible charge for each claim covered by the District insurance policy ("covered claim").
- No uninsured laptops are permitted off campus. Uninsured laptops must be dropped off daily at the Tech Center by 2:15 PM or 30 minutes before an early dismissal. Uninsured laptops may be picked up daily at 7:00 AM or later for use during the instructional day.
- If a student without laptop insurance takes the laptop off site and it is stolen or damaged, the District reserves the right to hold the parent/guardians responsible for full replacement or repair cost.
- Parents and guardians may not substitute homeowners or other personal insurance for District-procured laptop insurance.
- Insurance will be $70 per student with a $100 deductible for loss or damage.
- Families who participate in the Free and Reduced lunch program will have the option to forgo the insurance cost yet still have their student(s) laptop covered under this insurance agreement. However, families in the Free and Reduced lunch program will be required to pay the applicable deductible charge for each covered claim. A payment plan for the insurance deductible can be established with school administration.
- The laptop insurance premium and deductible can be paid with MySchoolBucks or Check:
- MySchoolBucks - A link for MySchoolBucks payments can be found here.
- Check-All checks should be made payable to Lower Merion School District and include the student's ID number (example: s123456) in the memo field of the check to ensure that your payment is correctly recorded. Checks can be delivered to the appropriate Assistant Principal or mailed to the school office.
- If you have more than one student receiving a laptop and choose to send a check with the student, please send a separate check with each student.