The District has been successful in improving its economic and environmental performance through the implementation of various waste reduction initiatives. Key to this success has been the District's Recycling Program which encourages alternatives to sending waste to the landfill. Incorporating waste reduction and a comprehensive recycling program as part of the School District's overall way of doing business continues to provide a number of important benefits. With the help of our students, staff, and visitors the District continues to divert precious renewable materials to recycling plants, reduce overall waste disposal costs, decrease associated purchasing costs (by buying recycled products), increase our efficiency of operation, and reduce our overall impact on the environment.
- Lower Merion School District Recycling Program
- Why Should We Recycle?
- What Can We Recycle in LMSD?
- Other School District Recycling Programs & Related Services Provided
- A Special Note about Electronic Equipment Recycling
- Current School District Recycling Procedures
- A Word about Chemical Waste Management
- Photo Gallery
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Resources / Informational Links